We had a very productive discussion that kicked off many new topics and continued many we had on the table at the end of last year.
- There will be 10 Earl Beatty parents and students at the Eco Schools Certification Ceremony at City Hall on the 17th of October.
- The school is organizing an in-school Eco Team!! Martha Brown will be helping to liaise between the school and the parent-run Eco Teams as we continue to support the school's environmental efforts.
- Litterless lunch campaigns will continue in earnest this year
- Solutions to the school sod problem are still being investigated
- Bicycle racks are still a hopeful possibility
- Benches for the playground will be proposed to parent council
- Seed-planting for a potential Mother's Day Plant Sale has been proposed for Feb/March-Dylan's 8-foot-tall sunflower, planted at last year's seed-planting event, has produced 100's of seeds that can be planted by the students in the spring
- A Community Swap is in the works for the winter
- Hoping to connect with the local feeder schools, Earl Haig & Gledhill, as well as our own Beatty Buddies
- Our monthly meetings have been booked for the 3rd Thursday of the month
We are looking forward to a very environmentally friendly year at Earl Beatty. Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions!