THE EARLS' GREEN WALK was created by Susan Gully as part of a joint project to unite Earl Haig, Earl Beatty, and Gledhill Public Schools in collaborative environmental projects within our neighborhood.
The walk is intended to be used around EARTH DAY 2009 at a time of your choice since every day is really EARTH DAY!
The route includes 25 stops that can be followed in its entirety or shortened to accommodate different age groups and schedules. The route is away from major vehicle traffic. A couple of clipboards for the map and the route description would be handy.
THE EARLS' GREEN WALK
- is 3 km long
- takes 4353 adult steps
- burns 159 calories
- takes 1.5 - 2 hrs including stops
THE EARLS' GREEN WALK IS INTENDED TO PROVIDE
- Physical activity
- Opportunities for students to learn spacially, aurally and visually
- Opportunities for students and teachers to share leadership
- Suggestions for enriched discussions/activities to follow the walk
- An opportunity to practice "street ettiquette" when crossing streets and walking by people's homes
- A meaningful and positive way to experience EARTH DAY/WEEK 2009
Detailed directions describing the route's 25 stops and a map of the route are available to download, save, and print out.For The Earls' Green Walk route details click here.
Please let us know what you think about Earls' Green Walk, and feel free to suggest more green stops or changes to the route.
Send comments to taranimator (at) hotmail.com.