The forum is composed of two sessions. The first session, “Answering Parents’ Top Questions About EQAO Assessments,” will be delivered by members of the EQAO School Support and Outreach Team. This presentation will describe EQAO’s province-wide assessment program and will inform parents about the EQAO assessments and how parents can work with the school to support their child’s learning.
The second session features an educator and author from Queen’s University, Dr. Lynda Colgan, who will talk to parents about the importance of mathematics and how parents can encourage their child to see the value of mathematics in everyday life.
An agenda for the day is attached.
EQAO will cover the following for each participant:
- continental breakfast, refreshments and lunch
- mileage, according to Government of Ontario guidelines
- accommodation, if required, according to Government of Ontario guidelines (participants travelling more than 160 kilometers round trip). Participants requiring accommodation should contact the hotel at (416) 977-4823 or http://www.ramadaplazatoronto.com/ directly to make reservations
- Expense forms will be available to participants on the day of the forum and the process for reimbursement will be explained at that time
- Participants will be reimbursed directly after the expense forms and original receipts have been submitted to EQAO
Please register by Monday November 26, 2012 at email@example.com and indicate in subject EQAO Parent Forum. Please ensure that you provide your first and last name and the school your child/ren attend.