1. Parent Representative Participation Sought for Vice-Principal Interviews
TDSB includes a Parent Representative on Vice-Principal Interview Committees (this is for teachers applying to become VPs). The Parent Involvement Advisory Committee feels that parent voices in these interviews are important in building good relationships with administrators early on and in reflecting the importance of parent/community involvement/partnerships as integral components of a school administrator's responsibilities.
The Process and Interview Training Session is scheduled for Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm at 5050 Yonge in the Boardroom. (Attendance is mandatory in order to participate as a Parent Representative on a VP Interview Team)
Principal/Vice-Principal interview dates are currently scheduled for Tues. Feb. 26, Thurs. Feb. 28, and Tues. Mar. 5, 2013. The interview day begins with a team caucus at 8:00 am and the last interview of the day will commence no later than 3:30 pm.
All interviews are held at 1 Civic Centre Court (Burnhamthorpe and Hwy #427).
· hold all dates until interview date is determined
· interview teams and alternates will be informed by e-mail at least 1 week prior to the interview e
· you will likely not be scheduled for more than one day and all applicants may not be required
If you cannot participate on any of these P/VP interview dates, but are interested in being involved in future, please still complete the form below and come to the Training Session.
2. Sheila has asked that we share this open letter from TDSB Chair Chris Bolton to Minister of Education Laurel Broten.