"Streetproof Your Child for the Internet"
in the downstairs Multi-Purpose Room,
Earl Beatty Public School,
55 Woodington Ave.
In this one-hour seminar you will learn...
PARENTAL CONTROLS OVER INTERNET CONTENT
- Teach children responsible computing rules
- Block inappropriate internet content
- Understand chat rooms, text messaging and blogs
- Monitor website and instant messaging history
- Familiarize with children’s internet friends and contacts
- Direction on file-sharing (downloading)
- Windows update and security
- MS-Office update and security
- Virus and spyware removal and blockage
- Safe email usage to minimize spam
- Firewall understanding and utilization
- Data protection
- Internet Content Control
- Text Messaging monitor
- Popup Stopper
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
- A greater ability to establish responsibility as it relates to the family or small office computer(s)
- Familiarity with the latest technological terminology and activities popular among young people
- Overcoming the sense of being outflanked by computer-savvy children.
- Understanding the methods necessary for maintaining and protecting your computer, software, data and privacy
- Your own copy of Streetproof Your Child For The Internet - The Parent’s Handbook
An IT professional for more than 20 years, Steve Chapelle has held technical and leadership positions in Technical Support, Operations and Production. Experience has included Microsoft, IBM and Novell operating systems, as well as both corporate and home office environments.Feedback:
"I've attended a number of seminars and workshops on Internet safety, and Steve Chapelle's 'Streetproof Your Child for the Internet' was certainly the most practical. I left the seminar knowing what I had to do and why, and with clear, step-by-step instructions on how to do it. It was time well spent." - John, parent and APSGO member (Association of Parent Support Groups in Ontario)
“Streetproof Your Child For The Internet’ is an excellent seminar. Steve details the pitfalls of internet safety and gives clear explanations of how to make our home computers safer places for our families.” - Nicole Herbert, Chair, Leslieville School Council
“Steve's information and in the format that he explained it all was exceptional, easy to understand and fun.” - Charlene D, Toronto parent
Please visit Mr. Chapelle's website for more information: