As you know, QSP is one of the school's biggest fundraising initiatives. Traditionally, we raise between $3000-$4000/year; these funds are distributed equally to all classrooms, with the individual teachers determining how they would like to spend the money for their classes. The campaign usually takes place during the first few weeks of October and lasts 2-3 weeks. Although October seems far away, we have to make a decision NOW as to whether we want to run the campaign again in the upcoming school year.
For the past 4 years, Laura Sandwell has been managing the QSP campaign, along with her crew of wonderful volunteers. This year, Laura is unable to continue in this role, and consequently, we are seeking someone to take her place. Responsibilities include:
- preparing all correspondence (kickoff letter, teacher letter, weekly reminders, wrap-up letter)
- assembling the take-home packages - assembling the teacher information package
- coordinating in-school promotion (display case, assembly, announcements, posters, mascot, special events, etc.)
- collecting and processing paper order forms and payments- tracking sales - submitting order forms to QSP
- checking and distributing prizes
- checking QSP reports for accuracy and following up on any discrepencies versus sales records
- following up on any rejected orders (e.g. credit card failure, etc.)
- coordinating with EBSAC Treasurer for deposit of cash and cheques, final cheque to QSP, etc.
QSP provides a rep who is the campaign coordinator's key contact. The rep provides a set of suggested best practices to maximize sales and also conducts the kickoff assembly. The rep is also the first point of contact for any questions or issues that may arise.
Laura has kindly agreed to mentor her successor and to be available for any questions, so you won't be on your own. Additionally, others usually help to assemble the take-home packages and coordinate the in-school promotional activities.
In general, you would need to dedicate 6-8 weeks of your time to this worthwhile project. Soooo, if this is the call you've been waiting for to get more involved in your school community, we would LOVE to hear from you. Please think about it and let us know ASAP, either by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message at the school. It is a lot of work, but the return on investment is definitely worth the effort!
Chair, Earl Beatty SAC